|Leveled Artifact: Chillrend (000f8318)
(All statistics are for level 46+ version)
|Tempering||Refined Malachite||Glass Smithing|
|Charge/Cost = Uses||3000/72=41|
Chillrend is a unique glass sword found during The Pursuit in Mercer Frey's house in a display case with an expert-level lock. It deals frost damage as well as having a chance to paralyze anything it strikes. Tempering Chillrend requires one refined malachite and the Arcane Blacksmith perk, with the tempering being twice as effective if you have gained the Glass Smithing perk. It would be identical in appearance to a glass sword were it not for its blue hue.
- The level 46+ version of Chillrend has the highest base damage of any one-handed sword in vanilla Skyrim. The heavier dragonbone sword from Dawnguard equals its base damage, while only the 60+ version of Miraak's Sword from Dragonborn surpasses it.
- Chillrend also appeared in Oblivion with a similar enchantment as a reward for successfully completing the quest The Killing Field.
- The frost damage effect on Chillrend is affected by the Augmented Frost perks in the Destruction perk tree and will raise to 37 with the first, and 45 with the second perk.
- Unlike ordinary frost damage enchantments, Chillrend's frost damage does not damage the target's stamina.
|Level (ID)||Charge/Cost = Uses||Enchantment|
|11||552||10||500/35=14||Target takes 5 points of frost damage:|
|12||635||11||750/42=17||Target takes 10 points of frost damage:|
|13||872||12||1000/49=20||Target takes 15 points of frost damage:|
|14||846||13||1500/56=26||Target takes 20 points of frost damage:|
|15||1111||14||2000/64=31||Target takes 25 points of frost damage:|
|16||1442||15||3000/72=41||Target takes 30 points of frost damage:|
- For more information, see the lore article.