This page lists all of the new magic (blessings, spells, and dragon shouts) made available to the player by the Dawnguard add-on. In addition, new features have been added to Lycanthropy and general Vampirism, while the Vampire Lord form is entirely new. Only minimal description information is provided on this page; details can be found by following the links provided.
- Blessing of Auriel — You are 10% more effective with missile weapons.
- Blood of the Ancients — Your Vampiric Drain spell absorbs Magicka and Stamina from your victims for x days.
- Tainted Blood of the Ancients — Your Vampiric Drain spell absorbs Magicka and Stamina from your victims for 1 day, but at the cost of 30 less health.
 Dragon Shouts
- Drain Vitality — Coax both magical and mortal energies from your hapless opponent.
- Soul Tear — Your Thu'um cuts through flesh and shatters soul, commanding the will of the fallen.
- Summon Durnehviir — Durnehviir! Hear my Voice and come forth from the Soul Cairn. I summon you in my time of need.
 Conjuration Spells
- Conjure Boneman — Summons a Boneman Archer from the Soul Cairn for 60 seconds wherever the caster is pointing.
- Conjure Mistman — Summons a Mistman from the Soul Cairn for 60 seconds wherever the caster is pointing.
- Conjure Wrathman — Summons a Wrathman from the Soul Cairn for 60 seconds wherever the caster is pointing.
- Summon Arvak — Summons Arvak in the Soul Cairn or Tamriel wilderness to act as your steed.
 Restoration Spells
- Heal Undead — Heals the undead target 75 points, but not the living, atronachs, or machines.
- Necromantic Healing — Heals the undead target 10 points per second, but not the living, atronachs or machines.
- Stendarr's Aura — For 60 seconds, undead in melee range take 10 points sun damage per second.
- Sun Fire — Ball of sunlight that does 25 points of damage to undead.
- Vampire's Bane — Sunlight explosion that does 40 points of damage in a 15 foot radius to undead.
 Lycanthropy & Vampirism
- Lycanthropy — A description of the added features of Lycanthropy.
- Vampire Lord — A description of the new features added with the Vampire Lord form.
- With the addition of Vampire Lords, Skyrim's NPCs will no longer react with hostility toward any regular vampires, only toward Vampire Lords.
If the player is a werewolf and becomes a Vampire Lord, the player's lycanthropy will be cured. Later, however, the player can give up being a Vampire Lord and return to being a werewolf if desired.