|Coax both magical and mortal energies from your hapless opponent.|
|Gaan||Drains 5 points of Stamina per second for 30 seconds.||30|
|Lah||Drains 5 points of Stamina and Magicka per second for 30 seconds.||60|
|Haas||Drains 5 points each of Stamina, Magicka, and Health per second for 30 seconds.||90|
Drain Vitality is a dragon shout introduced in the Dawnguard add-on that drains stamina, magicka, and health from an enemy. Dragons added by Dawnguard, including the new Revered and Legendary variants, have the ability to use this shout. Their version of this shout drains 10 stamina, magicka and health per second.
- Drain Vitality is not affected by Spell Absorption or Resist Magic.
|Gaan||HET NOK KOPR1N DO SVOLO
WO PIR1K MUL1G W4 KR3N
DOV4 NUZ NI G1N W4
|Here lies (the) body of Svolo,
Who possessed strength to kill a
Dragon but not (the) stamina to
|HET NOK KOPRaaN DO SVOLO
WO PIRaaK MULaaG Wah KRiiN
DOVah NUZ NI GaaN Wah
|Lah||LUNGERD W4L1N QETHSEGOL
4MUL3 V4RUKT THORGRIMA
D2NM1R DO S4QON YOLOS
4RK DROG DO L4
|Lungerd raised (this) stone
in her husband's memory (of) Thorgrima
Keeper of crimson fire
And lord of magicka
|LUNGERD WahLaaN QETHSEGOL
ahMULii VahRUKT THORGRIMA
DeiNMaaR DO SahQON YOLOS
ahRK DROG DO Lah
|Haas||HET M4 ARNVID F1L
ST1DNAU WEN H1S DENOS
MINDIN K2N DO GALIK KOLOS
ROK OF1L DILOS AHR1N
|Here fell Arnvid the
Unbound, whose health declined
after (the) War of (the) Pines
where he received (a) fatal wound.
|HET Mah ARNVID FaaL
STaaDNAU WEN HaaS DENOS
MINDIN KeiN DO GALIK KOLOS
ROK OFaaL DILOS AHRaaN
- Learning Drain Vitality before learning all three words of Marked for Death may cause Marked for Death to become glitched so no newer words may be learned.
- This bug is fixed by version 1.1 of the Unofficial Dawnguard Patch.
- Learning a word of Marked for Death after having installed Dawnguard causes a glitched shout to appear in the Shouts menu. It is named Drain Vitality, but has all three words of Marked for Death. The recharge is 12,12,12 and the bugged description says "Drains x points of Health per second for 20 seconds. Drains x points of Magicka per second for 20 seconds. Drains x points of stamina per second for 20 seconds." Using the shout causes the effect listed - although no words are actually shouted by the character. NPCs do not become hostile.
- This bug is fixed by version 1.1.2 of the Unofficial Dawnguard Patch.
- Learning the Drain Vitality shouts will then result in a second Drain Vitality shout, consisting of the right words of power, appearing in your Shout list. Also, if you obtained the location of this shout via the Greybeards, the quest will not update upon learning the Drain Vitality Shout and you will be unable to learn new shouts from the Greybeards.
- To fix this bug open the console and type in the following command:
player.removeshout xx018244for the 1 point version or
player.removeshout xx0181b8for the 2 point version or
player.removeshout xx0181b7for the 3 point version. Also see Form ID for more information on the xx.
- A way to fix either bug above is to perform the following steps:
- Find a save in which you have not learned any words of Marked for Death and have not started the Dawnguard questline.
- Delete/uninstall Dawnguard.
- Load up the save and get all three words for Marked for Death.
- Reinstall/re-download Dawnguard.