- Creatures and people up to level 25 will attack anyone nearby for 60 seconds.
Mayhem is a master level illusion spell that causes creatures and people up to level 25 within a 250 ft radius of the caster to attack anyone in sight for 60 seconds.
- Animage, creatures 8 levels higher can be affected
- Kindred Mage, people 10 levels higher can be affected
- Rage, all targets 12 levels higher can be affected
- Master of the Mind, allows spell to work on undead, daedra, and automatons
Note that these perks will stack, so the overall effective values for the spell with perks are as follows:
|Animage + Rage
|Kindred Mage + Rage
- A more common use for this is to cast it on a group of enemies, so they all fight eachother instead of you. Odds are you'll be left with just one last severely weakened enemy standing, which you can then mop up on your own.
- A particularly effective (and fun) tactic is to use Mayhem when entering a dungeon. Due to Mayhem's large impact radius, in can effectively turn the area into a free-for-all kill zone, as enemies slaughter each other.