Skyrim:The Litany of Larceny
|This page is currently being rewritten as part of the Skyrim Quest Redesign Project.
The page is being rewritten and checked in several stages. All users are welcome to make changes to the page. If you make a change that is relevant to the project, please update this template accordingly, and make sure you have observed the project guidelines.
 Quick Walkthrough
- Find the Queen Bee Statue in Goldenglow Estate and bring it to Delvin Mallory.
- Find the Honningbrew Decanter in Honningbrew Meadery.
- Find the East Empire Shipping Map in the East Empire Company Warehouse in Solitude.
- Find the Model Ship in Snow Veil Sanctum.
- Find the Dwemer Puzzle Cube in Calcelmo's Laboratory within Understone Keep in Markarth.
- Find the Bust of the Gray Fox in Riftweald Manor in Riften.
- Find the Left Eye of the Falmer in the Dwemer ruin, Irkngthand.
 Detailed Walkthrough
During the course of the Thieves Guild questline, you may run into one of several unique items in locations relevant to the quests. Picking them up will add a miscellaneous task to take it to Delvin Mallory, who will pay a leveled amount of money for the item.
 The Queen Bee Statue
The first trinket that you will likely encounter is the Queen Bee Statue. It is found in the Goldenglow Estate, on a table in Aringoth's room. This location is visited in the Thieves Guild quest Loud and Clear. When picked up, a prompt will tell you to return the item to Delvin Mallory.
 The Honningbrew Decanter
The Honningbrew Decanter is located in a room in the upper floor of the Honningbrew Meadery, behind the door which has an expert lock. You will most likely come across it during the quest Dampened Spirits.
 The East Empire Shipping Map
The East Empire Shipping Map can be found on a table next to some loot in the Dockmaster's office in the East Empire Company Warehouse. It is easiest to acquire this during the quest Scoundrel's Folly; if you attempt to steal it at any other point, the warehouse may be patrolled by guards, who will attack you on sight if spotted.
 The Model Ship
The Model Ship is found on a booby-trapped pedestal in Snow Veil Catacombs. The pedestal is surrounded by oil, and removal of the ship causes the oil to burst into flame. It is fairly easy to grab the ship near the doorway and retreat to avoid the fire. It is also possible for you to shoot one of the vases that fall to set off the trap, however, this causes the ship to fly away from the resulting explosion, so just shoot one of the vases which would make the ship fly into a wall. Another option is to shoot the ship away from the oil on the ground. Be aware that picking up the ship will still trigger the vases to fall. Another option if you know the Telekinesis spell is to stand away from the oil and use the spell to retrieve the ship. Another option is to place an item on the pedestal preventing the trap from activating when you take the ship. You visit Snow Veil Catacombs during the quest Speaking with Silence.
 The Dwemer Puzzle Cube
The Dwemer Puzzle Cube is in Calcelmo's Laboratory, which is accessed via the Dwemer Museum in Understone Keep. It is found in the large room with the Arcane Enchanter, just before moving on to the balcony. You travel through the laboratory during the quest Hard Answers.
 The Bust of the Gray Fox
The Bust of the Gray Fox is found on a table in Riftweald Manor during the quest The Pursuit. It is easy to miss, as it blends perfectly with the stone behind it, but it's sitting right next to the quest objective.
 The Left Eye of the Falmer
The Left Eye of the Falmer can be taken from Mercer Frey's corpse in the Irkngthand Sanctuary during the quest Blindsighted. This item is not flagged as a quest item and upon acquisition, the quest will be completed (i.e. TGLarceny stage will be set to 200).
- It does not matter what order you pick up the items, after picking up the final item the quest will be marked as complete and you will be no longer able to turn any of the items still in your inventory to Delvin Mallory.
- This bug is fixed by version 1.0 of the Unofficial Skyrim Patch.
- Do the quest in whatever order you like, but do not pick up every item. Leave one item unretrieved, be it the Left Eye of the Falmer or any other item, although the Eye is recommended. Turn in the six items you have retrieved. Using the console enter
Setstage TGLarceny Xwith X corresponding to the stage matching the item you did not retrieve. Speak to Delvin - the prompt to turn in the item you do not have will be there. Select that option and you will be given the reward. Since you do not have the item there will be no notification that it was removed from your inventory. All the items will now be on the shelves in the Cistern and you are free to pick up the final item now and sell it again if you so choose.
- Sometimes you cannot sell the Left Eye of the Falmer to Delvin.
- The quest Hard Answers sometimes triggers when retrieving the Dwemer Puzzle Cube after it has already been completed.
- Using the console enter
SetStage TG06 200. The quest will now move to the completed section of your quest journal. If desired, the duplicate Nightingale Blade may be removed by entering
Player.RemoveItem 000f6527 1via the console.
- Using the console enter
- Items that were once on the shelves are now missing or somewhere else in the room.
00019958 Queen Bee Statue
00019952 Honningbrew Decanter
00060cc2 East Empire Shipping Map
0006f266 Model Ship
0005598c Dwemer Puzzle Cube
00019954 Bust of the Gray Fox
0001994f Left Eye of the Falmer
-After being arrested the puzzle cube can be taken away and once retrieved cannot be given to Delvin.
 Quest Stages
|The Litany of Larceny (TGLarceny)|
|Stage||Finishes Quest||Journal Entry|
|20||(Objective is assigned): Return the Queen Bee Statue to Delvin|
|30||(Objective is assigned): Return the Honningbrew Decanter to Delvin|
|40||(Objective is assigned): Return the East Empire Shipping Map to Delvin|
|50||(Objective is assigned): Return the Ship Model to Delvin|
|60||(Objective is assigned): Return the Dwemer Puzzle Cube to Delvin|
|70||(Objective is assigned): Return the Bust of the Gray Fox to Delvin|
|80||(Objective is assigned): Return the Eye of the Falmer to Delvin|
- The following empty quest stages were omitted from the table: 0, 10, 25, 35, 45, 55, 65, 75, 85, 200
- As of 1.4.21, the quest is set to stage 75 once the Bust of the Gray Fox is turned in to Delvin. When the Left Eye of the Falmer is picked up, the stage is set to 200 and no further entries related to this quest will appear in the journal.