(Click on any item for details)
Enchanting description: Absorb <mag> points of magicka.
Absorb Magicka (a.k.a. Drain Magicka) transfers <mag> points of Magicka from the target to the person wielding the weapon. On the target, the effect is comparable to Damage Magicka; on the attacker, the effect is comparable to Restore Magicka. Spell Absorption is similar to Absorb Magicka, in that your magicka can be increased at the expense of your enemy, but is a passive effect rather than an active effect.
Two versions of Absorb Magicka are actually available for enchanting. The stats above are for the most common version of the effect. A second version is only available from one item: the Drainspell Bow. The bow can be disenchanted, meaning that its effect can be used for custom enchantments. The stats for this second version of the effect are:
- ID: 0010f221
- Cost: 1.2
The following items use this effect. You can learn how to enchant custom items with Absorb Magicka if you find one of the following items and disenchant it:
- All weapons of the Sorcerer
- All weapons of Evoking
- All weapons of Harrowing
- All weapons of Siphoning
- All weapons of Winnowing
- Gauldur Blackbow
- Drainspell Bow - has unique version of effect
Artifacts and unique items that use the effect but cannot be disenchanted include:
- In Skyrim, there appears to be no distinction between "Drain Magicka" and "Absorb Magicka".
- The name of the enchanting effect appears to be mistakenly set to "Drain Magicka" instead of "Absorb Magicka", even though the description and editor ID both identify it as "Absorb".
 See Also
Other effects that alter your magicka include:
- Damage Magicka, Damage Magicka Regeneration, Fortify Magicka, Regenerate Magicka, Restore Magicka, Spell Absorption
Other absorb effects are: