|To meet our site's higher standard of quality, this article or section may require cleanup. The user who placed this here had the following concern:
references, general updating
To leave a message about the cleanup for this article, please add it to this article's
|Imperial Battlemage Jagar Tharn|
Imperial Battlemage Jagar Tharn as seen during cutscenes in Arena
Jagar Tharn was the Imperial Battlemage from some time before 3E 389 to 3E 399. Little is known about his life before that, but he is generally assumed to have been the bard Nightingale who appeared in Barenziah's court. He seduced her in order to take the Staff of Chaos from under the city of Mournhold. It was this staff that he used in 3E 389 to betray and imprison the emperor Uriel Septim VII in a dimension of Tharn's creation.
Tharn ruled the empire for ten years, a period which came to be known as the Imperial Simulacrum, using illusion magic to make himself appear to be the emperor. During that time, Tharn used Imperial privileges, but did not continue Uriel VII's schedule of reconquest. Under his false reign, the empire fell to pieces as wars raged everywhere. In the east, Morrowind attacked Black Marsh in the Arnesian War; in the north, Skyrim battled High Rock and Hammerfell in the War of the Bend'r-mahk; in the south, Elsweyr took arms against Valenwood in the Five Year War; in the west, Valenwood also lost land to its old ally Summerset Isles in the War of the Blue Divide. It is not entirely known yet what Tharn's goals and personal accomplishments were during the Imperial Simulacrum.
Finally, in 3E 399, his former apprentice Ria Silmane assisted an unknown champion in reforging the Staff of Chaos and taking the empire back from Tharn. This champion defeated Tharn in the dungeons of the Imperial Palace and freed Uriel VII from his otherworldly prison. Uriel VII returned to the throne and gradually repaired most of the damage done by Tharn.
 See Also
- For game-specific information, see the Arena article.
- The Real Barenziah by Plitinius Mero — Biography of the famous Queen Mother of Morrowind
- Brief History of the Empire v 4 by Stronach k'Thojj III, Imperial Historian — Part 4 of a description of events in the history of the Empire
- A Life of Uriel Septim VII by Rufus Hayn — A short biography of Uriel Septim VII's accomplishments
- The Light and the Dark by Irek Unterge — A man describes the Light and the Dark to his two grandchildren
- Response to Bero's Speech by Malviser, Battlemage — Commentaries of "Bero's Speech to the Battlemages" book
- Mystery of Talara, v 4 by Mera Llykith — Part four of the story of Princess Talara
- Words and Philosophy — An interview with a Bosmer master swordsman about her life
- The Doors of Oblivion by Seif-ij Hidja — The chronicles of Morian Zenas' journey through the realms of Oblivion, penned by his apprentice
- A Dance in Fire, Chapter 7 by Waughin Jarth — Chapter 7 of a clerk's adventures in Valenwood
- Hallgerd's Tale by Tavi Dromio — Squabbling over the greatest warrior ever leads to a tale of heavy-armor-master Hlaalu Pasoroth
- Confessions Of A Thief — Some comments from a thief about the Thieves Guild
- Jagar Tharn's Letter by Jagar Tharn
- Brown Scroll by Jagar Tharn — An ultimatum from a patron to his charge