|This page is currently being rewritten as part of the Morrowind Overhaul Project.
The page is being rewritten and checked in several stages. If you make an addition to this page, please update this template accordingly, but make sure you have observed the project guidelines.
|Baren Alen (baren alen)|
|Home City||Vivec, Hlaalu Canton|
|Sells||Rethan Manor Land Deed|
|Faction(s)||House Hlaalu (Oathman)|
Baren Alen is the Treasurer of House Hlaalu, and can be found in his office in the Vaults in Vivec's Hlaalu Canton. He is responsible for drawing up land deeds for House Hlaalu, and you will have to speak to him in order to purchase the deed to Rethan Manor. He is also involved in several quests involving delivery of documents.
 Related Quests
- Bank Courier: Deliver a sealed report to Baren Alen at the Hlaalu Treasury.
- Sealed Orders: Deliver some suspicious orders to the Hlaalu Vault clerk in Vivec.
- Erroneous Documents: Replace some 'erroneous' land deeds with fake ones in the Hlaalu Records Office in Vivec.
- Stronghold: Build your House stronghold, Rethan Manor, in three phases.
- Baren Alen is technically a merchant, who can buy and sell books. However, he has no gold to buy things with, and he only sells the sealed report if you give it to him and the aforementioned Rethan Manor Land Deed, worth 5000 gold, though you'll probably have to pay considerably more than that, given that he is a very shrewd businessman. He will not barter with anyone outside of House Hlaalu, though it seems you can purchase the Land Deed immediately after joining the House, long before you get to the quest where you're supposed to do so. Acquiring the deed earlier seems to have no negative effect on the quest.