|This page is currently being rewritten as part of the Oblivion NPC Redesign Project.
The page is being rewritten and checked in several stages. If you make an addition to this page, please update this template accordingly, but make sure you have observed the project guidelines.
|Added by||Knights of the Nine|
|Location||Various points in Cyrodiil then the Priory of the Nine|
|Health||53 + (5+2.6)x(PC-3), PC=7-17|
|Magicka||75 + 1.5x(PC-3) (max=250)|
|Essential||Until he joins the Knights of the Nine|
|Faction(s)||Sir Roderic's; The eight original knights start in this faction|
Before Lathon is knighted he will wear leather boots, tan linens, a forester's shirt, and either a pair of leather boots or a pair of pigskin shoes. In combat he will use a steel shortsword. At night, or when it's dark he will carry a torch to light his path. He carries four leveled restore health potions and a moderate amount of gold.
After he joins the Knights of the Nine his armor is replaced by the standard Knights of the Nine outfit: a Knights of the Nine cuirass and shield, chainmail greaves, gauntlets, helmet and boots. He is then armed with a leveled longsword and bow with silver arrows.
After the Priory of the Nine quest is completed, he appears at the Priory of the Nine, where he reveals some plot points and gives you the Greaves of the Crusader for the quest The Faithful Squire, and requests to become a Knight of the Nine. Once he is a knight his name becomes Sir Lathon.
 Related Quests
- The Faithful Squire: Retrieve the Greaves of the Crusader from Lathon.
- Pilgrimage: Complete the Pilgrimage of the Nine Divines to show that you are worthy.
- Umaril the Unfeathered: Defeat Umaril and kill him for good, in both the physical and spiritual planes.
- Lathon rides a Paint Horse that can be found in the Priory's stables after Lathon has arrived. Unlike the other two horses in the Priory's stables, riding Lathon's horse is considered to be stealing, since the horse is owned by Lathon.
- Lathon joins the Knights of the Nine faction after arriving at the Priory.
- When asked about "Knights of the Nine" after Umaril is destroyed, Lathon will reply with the standard "The Knights of the Nine have prevailed over Umaril. Truly, the gods have shown us favor." but only after a slight delay. Additionally, after the line is complete there is a further pause then he will say "Pelinal" followed by somebody else quietly saying "Okay" in the background. (Listen)