Shortly after imbuing the Staff of Sheogorath, the Captain of the Palace Guard; either an Aureal or a Mazken, depending on your Duchy, will enter the palace along with a few guards. Speaking with her, she will inform you that an Obelisk of Order has activated within the Palace Courtyard, signaling Jyggalag's final assault. You must lead the defense and halt the invasion.
Closing the ObelisksEdit
The Obelisk will be well defended by Knights of Order. With the assistance of the Palace Guard, fight your way to the Obelisk and deactivate it via the conventional means. Whether or not you deactivate the first Obelisk, soon enough a second Obelisk on the opposite side of the courtyard will also activate. You must deactivate both Obelisks, killing the Priests of Order nearby them too.
The Final StandEdit
Once the second Obelisk has been deactivated, all the remaining Knights disappear. In an explosion of blue light, Jyggalag himself will appear on the battlefield in short order, and will kill any soldiers you have remaining; you must fight him alone.
Jyggalag resembles a gigantic Knight of Order, and is capable of wielding his eponymous claymore with a single hand. He also possesses a ranged shock damage spell, a touch spell that inflicts frost damage, an absorb health damage and a custom restore health ability. In addition to possessing a considerable bulwark of hitpoints, he also has a 25% Resistance to Magic and is immune to Paralysis, the Wabbajack and the Staff of Sheogorath.
Defeat Jyggalag through whatever means necessary and listen to his final speech, at the conclusion of which he will disappear forever. Return to Haskill to be officially crowned "Prince of Madness"
- If you are having difficulty fighting Jyggalag, you can use his large size to your advantage: he cannot enter the two interior corners on the second level of the Courtyard. Alternatively, jump on the large mushroom in the corner and use ranged attacks as well as summons to deal with Jyggalag; leaving you safe from all but his shock spell.
- If you use the Staff of Sheogorath on Jyggalag, Jyggalag will get a red color around him (as if you cast a red shock spell on him). The Staff doesn't freeze him like it normally does to other creatures, but it will allow you to paralyze him. So use the staff first and then you can use a paralyzing spell. Using the staff also disables a health regeneration ability Jyggalag has.
- Once you enter the palace courtyard and start this quest, it is not possible to re-enter the surrounding buildings until the quest has been completed. Characters who are vampires or otherwise affected by Sun Damage may want to choose to complete this quest at night.
- If you are the Duke/Duchess of Dementia, it is possible to avoid this quest by leaving the Palace via Xirethard.
- Upon successfully completing the quest, a trophy of the Sword of Jyggalag will appear on a platform in Sheogorath's Palace. Unlike other trophies, this is a real leveled weapon and can be picked up and used. While it is technically enabled at the end of this quest, you cannot return to the throne room until the next quest has started. More details about all the rewards can be found there.
- An achievement will be unlocked upon defeating Jyggalag.
- If you have a bounty at the start of this quest and you talk to one of the palace guards, selecting Pay Gold or Go To Jail will spawn you outside of the palace and will not be able to get back in to complete the quest. Trying to fast travel to the palace grounds will result in a message saying you cannot fast travel from this location. If you try and go through one of the doors, you will fall through the wall and outside of the normal game map area and be stuck.
- This bug is fixed by the Unofficial Shivering Isles Patch.
- Not all Journal Entries may appear in your journal; which entries appear and which entries do not depends on the manner in which the quest is done.
- Stages are not always in order of progress. This is usually the case with quests that have multiple possible outcomes or quests where certain tasks may be done in random order.
- If an entry is marked as "Finishes Quest" it means the quest disappears from the Active Quest list, but you may still receive new entries for that quest.
- It is possible to use the console to advance through the quest by entering
setstage SE13 stage, where
stageis the number of the stage you wish to complete. It is not possible to un-complete (i.e. go back) quest stages. See SetStage for more information.
|Prev: The Roots of Madness||Up: Main Quest||Next: The Prince of Madness|