|Primary Skills||Conjuration, Restoration, Alteration, Destruction|
|Faction(s)||Player Ally Faction|
When you find her tied up, she'll call out, "You! Please, help me!", "Hurry, cut me down!", and "I want to get to my Bashnag's coven chased me out and left me for dead down here. Nobody lasts too long with the spiders. Please, will you help me get out of here? If the coast is clear, I'll make a break for it." You can now ask what she means by coven, to which she'll say, "Bashnag's circle of mages. We - well 'they' live here. They made it pretty clear that I'm no longer welcome. These are no dainty college mages. Bashnag has the skill of a magister and the mind of a warlord. This is a dangerous bunch. They're good company if you want to study necromancy in peace, though." You'll now have a few options. If you ask if she's a necromancer, she'll say, "I am, and I don't want to hear your moral judgments about it, either. I wouldn't have had to study in secret in the old days." If you ask why she's not in her coven anymore, she'll say, "I left for a few days in Riften. When I came back Bashnag accused me of trying to sell him out to the Thalmor. I was cursed and chased off." You can now ask why she was in Riften, to which she'll say, "My daughter was sent to the orphanage there when I stood accused of illegal necromancy. I had no choice. Run or die. I joined with Bashnag then, but I thought of Savela every day. So I snuck off, hoping to find and steal away with her. Only, she was gone. Shipped away to another orphanage, or adopted, or... I didn't know what else to do, so I came back, hoping nobody noticed I left." If Bashnag is dead, you can bring her the news, to which she'll say, "He is? I'm not sure how to feel about that. Perhaps it's for the better." At any time, if you ask if she can make it out of the cave, she'll say, "Bashnag cursed me. I can't cast a spell to save my life right now. I'll have to wait until the way out is safe." If you tell her the way isn't safe, she'll say, "Please, let me know if it seems safe to leave." If you tell her the way is clear, she'll say, "Thank you. When I find my daughter, it will be thanks to you." She'll then start running to the cave's exit, disappearing forever when she gets outside. If you exit conversation before telling her it's safe to leave, she'll say, "Please, let me know if it seems safe to leave." If you greet her again, she'll say, "I'm too weak right now. Between the spiders and the coven, I'd be dead before escaping the cave.", "I'm feeling better, but Bashnag's curse won't wear off for weeks.", and "I won't be myself for some time. I just need to get out of here and recover.". all I have left." You can now ask her what she's doing tied up, to which she'll just say, "Please, cut me down!" When you cut her down, she'll walk up to you and thank you, "Thanks for getting me out of that.
- It is possible for Selveni Nethri to become stuck in the entrance to the cave when releasing her. After "clearing the path" of frostbite spiders, return to Selveni and inform her the way is clear. She will run towards the cave entrance and may pass the exit plane you must use, then stop. This leaves her immediately inside the cave out of reach for talking or moving. To push her out of the cave, you can try any of the following methods:
- The Unrelenting Force and Ice Form shouts, which may make her hostile.
- A shot with a bow with the Power Shot perk. This will make her hostile.
- You can also command your ally to attack Selveni.
- Head to the entrance of the cave (leaving Selveni behind) and enter
- Entering and leaving the cave several times may help.
- Use Telekinesis to throw a bucket at her.
- Use a staggering spell, like Fireball with the Impact perk.
- Sometimes she will become unstuck herself, but will still ask to be cut down until you destroy the web.
- She may not follow you out of the cave.
- Exit the cave and re-enter it.