|# of Zones||1|
|Respawn Time||10 days or 30 days|
|Console Location Code(s)|
|North of Falkreath|
|Word Wall||Elemental Fury|
|# of Corundum||1|
The ruin has two separate entrances and two separate map markers, namely North Shriekwind Bastion and South Shriekwind Bastion, and therefore finding both entrances to the pass counts as two separate locations for the "Locations Discovered" statistic. It contains one interior zone: Shriekwind Bastion.
 Related Quests
- Culling the BeastDG: Kill the thin-blooded vampires. (radiant)
- Onmund's Request: Help Onmund negotiate the return of a family amulet from Enthir. (radiant)
- Note: This location is one of many potential targets for one or more of the radiant quests found on this page.
 North Shriekwind Bastion
Beside the entrance to the left, there is a path and stairs that head higher up the mountain. At the top of the first flight of stairs on a ledge is a bird's nest containing a rock warbler egg. Partway up, the trail splits with the main trail going left. The short trail to the right leads to a lookout and brazier that usually has a couple of small items. Near the end of the main trail, under a low arch is a locked chest that also contains some small items. West of the entrance, down the side of the mountain, there is a corundum ore vein.
 South Shriekwind Bastion
This area consists of several terraces. At the end of the lowest terrace can be found a locked chest containing leveled loot.
 Zone 1: Shriekwind Bastion
The first part (if you've entered using the North Shriekwind Bastion entrance) goes through a number of hallways and rooms with a vampire and some skeletons and leads to a large open area. There is a grate and pillar with a handle on it in the middle—ignore this and head left to a set of stairs leading up. These will lead to a number of corridors and rooms with skeletons.
Eventually you will come to a room with two gates (a large gate to the north and a small gate to the south) and a circular stone with three handles in the middle of the room. Two of the handles open secret vaults with small items. The other handle opens the small gate, which leads to a room with a chest and three chains. Use the chain on the left to open the large gate.
Continue through the large gate and the corridors will continue to climb the ruin. Near the top there is a wide hallway with a pedestal at the start and a gate at the end. The handle on the pedestal will lift the gate but this also triggers the flamethrower traps. Instead, look just to the right of this handle. There is a chain on the inside of the tunnel. Pulling on this instead of the handle on the pedestal will open the gate without triggering the flamethrowers.
On the other side is a master vampire. Kill him and head up the stairs to the circular corridor, being sure to pause prior to this to check the floor for a leveled potion, and a pedestal displaying 2920, Second Seed, v5. There is a chest along the outer wall along with four smaller burial urns (one of which is along the inner wall). Along the inside wall is a doorway with circular wooden stairs to the word wall which teaches part of the Elemental Fury shout, which is located in a large chamber with three pairs of dragon carvings lining the approach. Prior to reaching the word wall, there is a boss draugr that you will need to face but you have plenty of maneuvering room to hide and use ranged weapons before it can close on you. A leveled chest located on the right side of the approach corridor contains moderate treasure and two random potions/poisons located on plinths near the word wall.
- The word wall room has a door to Shriekwind Overlook, which is a balcony on the mountain. It is possible to reach this location by climbing the mountain, bypassing going through Shriekwind Bastion.
- There is an alcove in one of the circular rooms containing a rather large collection of shoes.
- The room with the vampire thrall sitting on a throne has two rubies on the floor, one on each side of the dais.
- Exiting the room with the vampire thrall leads to another room with an alcove on the north wall containing some weapons and armor. A chain just inside the entrance will open a passage to South Shriekwind Bastion.
- If you cannot find the room, find the room where the Vampire's Thrall sat looking at the torture room. Go past the room with the chair and burnt out fireplace. There is a small room next to the stairs with loot. Turn around and there is a chain to pull on the left. The hidden door will open.
- There is a dead wood cutter a short distance to the east.
- After using the handles to get through the gate to the main chamber, your follower may get stuck and will not rejoin you until you leave the tomb.
- A way to make them rejoin you is to walk a corridor or two past the plates, then wait one hour. They will 'respawn' next to you.
- They will also rejoin you when you change zones (e.g. if you exit the ruin).