The Kamal are a race of snow demons who live in Akavir. The word means "Snow Hell".
The snow demons spend the winter frozen solid, but when summer comes they thaw out and attack Tang Mo, always unsuccessfully. On one occasion, the Kamal invaded Tamriel under their king, Ada'Soom Dir-Kamal. The invasion had some success at first, including the sacking of Windhelm in Skyrim during 2E 572, but was eventually defeated by Almalexia and the Underking in a battle at Red Mountain. The forces of the Dunmer and Nords were joined by elite Argonian troops at the climax of this battle, and the three races formed the Ebonheart Pact shortly afterwards.
- ^ Pocket Guide to the Empire, 3rd Edition: Other Lands — Imperial Geographical Society, 3E 432
- ^ a b Mysterious Akavir
- ^ Pocket Guide to the Empire, 1st Edition: Skyrim — Imperial Geographical Society, 2E 864
- ^ a b Jorunn the Skald-King — Helgreir Lute-Voice, Bard of Windhelm
- ^ The Arcturian Heresy — The Underking, Ysmir Kingmaker
- ^ Guide to the Ebonheart Pact