Oblivion:Den of Thieves
- Receive the quest details from Azzan.
- Discuss the contract with Maglir.
- Speak with Newheim the Portly to receive additional details and an optional mini-quest.
- Kill the thieves in Hrota Cave and (optionally) retrieve Newheim's Heirloom.
- Return to Azzan and Newheim for your rewards.
You can receive this contract from Azzan in the Anvil Fighters Guild after you've done a few jobs for Modryn Oreyn in Chorrol. He'll ask you to look for a den of thieves that has been responsible for a recent spate of thefts in the area. Since their numbers are unknown, Azzan pairs you up with a new recruit - Maglir, whom you met recently on a guild job.
Maglir should be somewhere in the Anvil guild hall. He suggests you ask around town to see if anyone has any leads on the thieves' location.
Newheim the Portly
Speak to one of the townsfolk or guards about Thieves. If their disposition towards you is 60 or above they will tell you to speak with Newheim the Portly, a recent victim. Newheim can be found at his home or wandering around town and when you find him he'll point you towards Hrota Cave north of town.
Newheim will also mention a family heirloom that was stolen, a flagon, and says he'll reward you if you can return it. This is an entirely separate quest in your journal labeled Newheim's Flagon. You must speak to Newheim selecting the subject Heirloom for the flagon to appear in the cave. If you find his flagon, you can return it to him for a reward of three bottles of Newheim's Special Brew.
Head to the cave, and keep in mind you have Maglir trying to follow you. It is impossible to actually lose him, but he could be a long way back. There are eight thieves in the cave - Cingaer, Dennilwen, Githriian, Idrolian, Nedhelfin, Niraegaer, Thiirchel, and Thrangirfin. If you are a stealth-based character, you will want to leave Maglir at the cave entrance. Make your way through the cave with or without Maglir and kill the thieves. Newheim's Heirloom is on a table in the east end of the cave. You'll receive a quest message when all the thieves are dead.
Head back to Azzan once the job is done for a standard level-dependent gold reward and one Fame point. If you have already completed Amelion's Debt, Azzan will also be willing to promote you to the rank of Protector. You will then have to go to Modryn Oreyn in Chorrol for your next quest, The Master's Son. Otherwise, you will need to go to Burz gro-Khash in Cheydinhal to complete Amelion's Debt next.
- Azzan may fail to give the quest when spoken to. [verification needed — Is this true?]
- Not all Journal Entries may appear in your journal; which entries appear and which entries do not depends on the manner in which the quest is done.
- Stages are not always in order of progress. This is usually the case with quests that have multiple possible outcomes or quests where certain tasks may be done in random order.
- If an entry is marked as "Finishes Quest" it means the quest disappears from the Active Quest list, but you may still receive new entries for that quest.
- It is possible to use the console to advance through the quest by entering
setstage FGC03Thieves stage, where
stageis the number of the stage you wish to complete. It is not possible to un-complete (i.e. go back) quest stages. See SetStage for more information.
|Prev: Drunk and Disorderly||Up: Fighters Guild||Next: Amelion's Debt or
The Master's Son