|This page is currently being rewritten as part of the Oblivion NPC Redesign Project.
The page is being rewritten and checked in several stages. If you make an addition to this page, please update this template accordingly, but make sure you have observed the project guidelines.
|House||Cheydinhal Castle Barracks|
|Health||38 + (5+2.6)x(PC+14), PC=1-4|
|Magicka||175 + 1.5x(PC+14) (max=300)|
|Essential||Until Corruption and Conscience is begun (Conditional Scripted Death)|
|Follower||Corruption and Conscience|
|Faction(s)||Cheydinhal Castle; Cheydinhal Citizens; Cheydinhal Guards|
Ulrich Leland is a Breton knight and the Captain of the Cheydinhal city guard. His policies on hefty fines and strict enforcement have made him rather unpopular with most of the residents of the city, and even some of the other guards. Investigation will reveal that Ulrich is not entirely honest with the proceeds of these fines.
Before the related quest, Ulrich will not talk to the player. If engaged in conversation, he will tell the player, "Get out of my way before I have you slapped in irons" and exit the conversation.
Ulrich wields a silver battleaxe in combat. He wears chainmail boots, chainmail greaves, and chainmail gauntlets. He wears a Cheydinhal Cuirass clearly revealing his identity as a Cheydinhal Guard. He carries the keys to Castle Cheydinhal's interior and exterior, and one to his quarters in the Cheydinhal barracks. He also carries a small amount of gold. Ulrich has the ability to use a leveled set of knight spells.
 Related Quests
- Allies for Bruma: You are asked to bring in reinforcements for Bruma from the other towns.
- Defense of Bruma: Let a Great Oblivion Gate open outside of Bruma.
- Corruption and Conscience: The Captain of the Guard in Cheydinhal is corrupt and the citizens want him removed.
- Although he is a guard, he will never arrest you. All of the guards' arrest dialogues are specifically for Imperial guards, and Ulrich is a Breton.
- After having him thrown into the dungeons (if done so), you can visit him in the city dungeons, just off the barracks. If you enter conversation with Ulrich at this point he will remain defiant and threaten you with "You better hope I never get out of here." before ending the conversation with "Remorse? Ha!" At other times he may say "Come to gloat eh? Well you'll get no apology from me!" when passing by his cell.
- If you complete the "Corruption and Conscience" quest, choose Garrus's method of having Ulrich thrown into the dungeons, then subsequently complete the Cheydinhal part of the "Allies for Bruma" quest, visiting Ulrich in the dungeons will result in him talking to you as if he were a soldier waiting for the Defense of Bruma battle. This is because Ulrich is added to the "MQ13 allies faction" faction even if he has been imprisoned. He will not actually talk to you in the dungeon - rather the subtitles will appear, but his lips do not move and he makes no sound. This has been seen to happen before the actual Battle of Bruma also, however, with him as a normal combatant.
- This bug is fixed by the Unofficial Oblivion Patch.
- The player may be randomly notified that Ulrich Leland is unconscious.