Alea Quintus is one of the three people that may be selected from and killed to gain entry into the Dark Brotherhood during the related quest. She is the mother of six children. She does not act scared when spoken with; rather, she says that she has no time to deal with this and demands to be released. Furthermore, Alea states that she may have made enemies with the take-no-nonsense attitude she has had to adopt in order to raise her children.
 Related Quests
- With Friends Like These...: Repay your debt to the Family, and show you are willing to kill on command.
Upon approaching (and potentially on the first time speaking), she will say:
- "Get these things off of me!"
If you begin conversation with her after listening to her saying the above, she will say:
- "Cowards! Stealing a woman from her home! For shame!"
Upon asking "Who are you?", she will reply:
- "None of your damned business who I am! If you're going to kill me, just do it already! As Mara is my witness, if I didn't have this damned hood on right now I would spit right in your face..."
If you say "Would someone pay to have you killed?", she will reply:
- "Excuse me? What kind of question is that?"
If you say "One last time: Would. Someone. Pay. To. Have. You. Killed? (Intimidate)" she'll reply:
- "I'm kneeling here with my hands bound and a sack over my head, and you have the gall to ask me that? What do you think, genius?"
If, instead of the one above, you say "It's all right. Just tell me what I need to know. (Persuade)" She will reply:
- "I'm, a woman living in Skyrim with six children and no husband. I don't have the time or patience to be "nice." "
After your conversation with her, she will say:
- "I don't have time for this nonsense. I've got a home to keep and children to feed. Now let me out of here! Do some people look down on me? Have I made some enemies? You're damn right."
If you look at her whenever, she will say one of the following:
- "Get these things off of me!", "Cowards! Stealing a woman from her home! For shame!", "By the gods, when I get out of here you're dead! You hear me? Dead!" or "Aggghh! Re...lease me!"
If you kill someone else, she will say:
- "What's happening? Damn it, what are you doing?"
If you kill her (by herself or including her), Astrid will comment:
- "Ah, the feisty goodwife. Quite the mouth on her. Someone must have wanted her dead... right?"
- "Hmm. The fearless wife and mother, and the underhanded Khajiit. Had to be one of them, right? Interesting choice."
- "The blubbering barbarian and the tenacious mother. Must have been one of them, right?"
After you kill Astrid, and click the "..." option, she will say:
- "You cut these bindings this minute! You hear me? You cut these bindings right now!"
After choosing the "(Cut the captive's bonds)" option, she will say:
- "Well it's about damn time. Capturing a woman from her home, keeping her bound like an animal. Ridiculous..."
Any time after release:
- "I don't know who you are, or what's going on here, but you ought to be ashamed of yourself."