|This page is currently being rewritten as part of the Morrowind Overhaul Project.
The page is being rewritten and checked in several stages. If you make an addition to this page, please update this template accordingly, but make sure you have observed the project guidelines.
|Location||Mournhold, Temple Courtyard|
|Location||Mournhold, Temple Courtyard|
Gaenor is a Bosmer pauper, who claims to be an "entrepreneur of sorts". He stands in front of the Mournhold Temple, approximately half-way between the large steps and the double-doors to the palace courtyard, asking people for increasingly outrageous sums of money.
Regardless of whether you give him some funds or not, he will not be very pleased and will yell at you for your kindness or lack thereof (depending on how you deal with him). After leaving the Temple Courtyard, he will return three days later. Once you approach him, he may greet you and say: "Well, well, well. Look who it is! My dear friend %PCName. Just my luck that you should stumble in here. Heh. Indeed, it seems my good fortune knows no bounds. Despite my mis-treatment at your hands, I've found riches, been able to influence just about anyone I talk to, and can you believe I've NEVER lost a fight? Never even gotten a scratch. Somehow I don't think I'll have a problem continuing that streak… and I owe you!" He will then initiate combat, leaving you with no choice but to kill him.
Before he disappears, he only wears common pants with a matching shirt. When you see him the second time, he will be wearing a full suit of ebony armor, along with a unique amulet, exquisite pants and a matching shirt. He will also be equipped with an ebony longsword. Aside from his natural resistance to disease, and the ability to command animals, Gaenor knows no spells.
 Related Quests
- The Natural: Meet this Wood Elf who wants you to donate vast sums of money.
|To meet our site's higher standard of quality, this article or section may require cleanup. The user who placed this here had the following concern:
Dialogue needs a better presentation. Also needs player-decided responses.
To leave a message about the cleanup for this article, please add it to this article's .
- "You must REALLY think I'm dense, %PCRace. Like YOU could put together a whole suit of Daedric armor! I'm sure you just think you're so funny, don't you? Well, I'll teach you to laugh at me! You just wait, %PCName. I'll get you when you least expect it!!!"
- "I'm sorry, what? Oh, come on. Look at you! I'm sure you've got a whole stash of ebony weapons someplace! Probably have your own ebony mine! I know you can spare it, so hand it over!"
- "Wow. What a great sword. I've held a few swords in my lifetime, but this… this is exquisite. Okay, clearly you've got some connections. How about getting me, your good friend, a full suit of Daedric Armor? I'm sure there's enough floating around that you can find it, and get it for me. What do you say?"
- "What, you don't have one? Well, then don't offer me something you don't have! Sheesh. Some people. But listen. I don't need the sword all that badly, so it's okay. What I could REALLY use is a full suit of Daedric armor. I'm sure you've got an extra lying around someplace, right? Or you could dig one up for me? How about it, %PCName?"
- "Do you really think I'm that stupid? No one walks around with a million gold on them; that's ludicrous! I won't stand for this kind of I WILL NOT BE MOCKED! You'll see, %PCName. You'll ALL see. I'll get you!"
- "No?.… NO? You don't say "no" to me! NO ONE SAYS "NO" TO GAENOR! Oh, don't you think I'll forget this. I'll remember you, %PCRace, and I'll get you for it. I promise you that!"
- "I AM speaking the same language, right? I mean, you understand what I'm saying? Well, then why can't you seem to understand that I need this money? Give it to me!"
- "What? Wait - let's try that again. I need ten thousand gold from you. You're going to give it to me, right?"
- "I don't even know what to say. I'll never be able to truly pay you back for this. You've restored my faith in the world, %PCName. And boy, are you ever rich! I bet you've got a million gold. In fact, I bet you've got ten million. You must be the richest %PCRace ever! You should give me a million, don't you think? Then we can both be millionaires!"
- "Oh, I see. You think this is all just some kind of joke. Offering me money you don't have. Well, I won't be laughed at. DO YOU HEAR ME? I won't stand for it! I'll get you, %PCRace. I'll get you back for this, and then we'll see who's laughing!"
- "Are you some kind of miser or something? I mean, seriously. A hundred gold, and you can't part with it? I've given away ten times as much in my day; a hundred gold is nothing! Now really, just hand it over already!"
- "Ha ha. Quite the communication break-down we're having here, isn't it? I can see I'm just not getting through to you. Let me try this one last time, okay? It's ten gold. I know you have it. You won't miss it. I need it more than you do! Give it to me, okay?"
- "Oh, come on. We've come this far with it. You've already proven yourself to be the generous type; why not go that extra step and really impress me? It's not like I'm asking you for your first-born child here… Seriously. Think about it for a moment."
- "Wow! You have no idea what this means to me, %PCName. I've never held this much gold in my life! Well, heck. You've just got money to burn, don't you? I bet you could spare another 10000 gold, couldn't you? C'mon. I know you've got it. Let's have it!"
- "Umm, you don't seem to have that much. Well, I'm not particular. I'll just as easily take an ebony shortsword. Got one of those you can give me?"
- "Heh. Umm, maybe I'm not being clear here. I'm trying to say that I'd REALLY appreciate it if you could just help me out a little bit. It's only a hundred gold. I'm sure you've got that much, and I'm sure you wouldn't even miss it. S come on. Really. Help me out!"
- "You really are something, %PCName. I can see we're going to get along famously! Okay, I'll be up front of you. If I could just have another, oh, thousand gold or so, I can really make it here. I just know it. You've been so good to me, and it's clear that you've got the money… Just a little more help, that's all I ask for. You'll do it, right?"
- "I love it that you want to help, but you don't have that much? Are you sure? Hmm. Well, perhaps we could work out some other sort of deal. Have you got maybe, I don't know, a nice ebony shortsword I could have? I mean, that'd be worth more than fifty gold, I know, but the value of that alone would solve all my problems. What do you say?"
- "Are you sure about that? I mean, to look at you, it's obvious that you're a %PCRace of means. I imagine you wouldn't even know that the gold was gone. Think about it for another second or two. Think about how much it'd mean to me, about what a great help it would be."
- "Splendid! I really do appreciate it, and I must say, you're quite the generous soul. In fact, as long as we're talking, and getting along so well, do you think maybe you could spot me another hundred? I'm quite sure that I can pay you back in just a few days time. I've always had excellent luck when it comes to these sort of things. So, what do you say?"
- "Glad you asked. As you may have noticed, I'm not looking my best at the moment. In a little, shall we say, down on my luck, which is NOT something I'm used to, let me tell you. At any rate, I'm looking for a little starting capital to get things rolling here in Mournhold - I've recently arrived myself, as well - and I thought you might be able to help me out. Think you could part with, say, fifty gold?"
- First greeting: "Hello there, %PCRace! Before you take another step, allow me to introduce myself. My name is Gaenor, and I'm… well, I'm an entrepreneur of sorts. I was wondering if I could ask a small favor of you."
- Greeting if you speak to him after the odd encounter, but before he has disappeared: "I won't forget you. Get out of my sight!"
- If you attack him after the odd encounter (note: you must be close enough to him for him to speak to you, or he may disappear): "OW! Vicious thug! I'll get you! I'll..… I'm getting out of here!"
- Gaenor is most likely the toughest opponent in Morrowind due to his incredibly high luck of 770, which makes him almost impossible to hit. It is advised that you do not speak to him until you are prepared for this quest.