Skyrim:Take the Hidden Treasure
|This page is currently being rewritten as part of the Skyrim Quest Redesign Project.
The page is being rewritten and checked in several stages. All users are welcome to make changes to the page. If you make a change that is relevant to the project, please update this template accordingly, and make sure you have observed the project guidelines.
 Quick Walkthrough
- Purchase the torture room upgrade from Delvin Mallory.
- Talk repeatedly to any of the four torture victims in the Dawnstar Sanctuary.
- Find the hidden treasure and claim it for yourself.
 Detailed Walkthrough
After purchasing the torture room upgrade for the Dawnstar Sanctuary from Delvin Mallory, you will find four very unlucky prisoners who all have quite a bit of gold hidden away in the wilderness for one reason or another. Talk to any of the four abductees repeatedly and they will reveal the location of their hidden treasure. Your journal will be updated with a new quest which points to the treasure's location. Now all you have to do is find the hidden treasure and claim it for yourself. You can interrogate all four victims at the same time to prevent multiple trips back to the sanctuary. You may only claim the treasure once, as it does not respawn.
 The Inheritance
"Why are you people doing this?"
Even after the elderly Nord practically hands you her inheritance in exchange for freedom, you can do nothing but let her hang in the torture room and claim the gold. Traveling to the Abandoned Shack is a quicker option than Solitude, and you are bound to have it on your map. From the shack, proceed through the marshes in a southwesterly direction until you reach a small island a few feet northeast of the Apprentice Stone. It is now a simple matter of taking the gold from the hollowed–out tree stump.
 No More Pain
"I’ll tell you anything. Anything! Just please stop… hurting me…"
The hollowed-out rock sits out in the open, near the walls of Windhelm, on the northeastern side. The easiest path is traveling to Hollyfrost Farm and crossing the river. If you are in Windhelm, you will have to swim in an easterly direction from the city gate to get around the walls and reach the rock. In any case, locate the anonymous-looking rock halfway up the mountain, and beware of the wolves or other dangers in the area.
 Kill me and be done with it...
This rock will spawn due west of Pelagia Farm, south of Whiterun. Travel to the farm and head west towards the mountainside. There is no need to climb the mountain; just stay on the ground and you will reach the rock in no time. It is squeezed in between two larger rocks.
 Canceled Wedding
"You… you can’t do this to me."
This victim’s father apparently saved up money for his daughter's upcoming wedding and stashed it in a secure place outside Riften. With her being tied up inside the Sanctuary, the wedding is obviously canceled, so the savings are yours to take. Travel to Riften and proceed northwest, a few feet past Merryfair Farm. The hollowed-out tree stump is easy to spot and the gold is yours to keep.
- The hollowed-out rocks and tree stumps don't exist until you have interrogated the victims.
- The rewards will, in most cases, easily cover your expenses for the torture room, and even net a maximum profit of 3000 gold. If your luck does not hold, you may actually lose up to 1000 gold. It is advised to save before talking to your victim and traveling to the location to check.
- As the torture victims are completely restrained, they can easily be used to train skills on, as long as they are healed.
 Quest Stages
- The following empty quest stages were omitted from the table:
- DBTortureTreasureMiscObjective1: 0, 255.
- DBTortureTreasureMiscObjective2: 0, 255.
- DBTortureTreasureMiscObjective3: 0, 255.
- DBTortureTreasureMiscObjective4: 0, 255.
|Prev: Where You Hang Your Enemy's Head...||Up: Dark Brotherhood||Next: None|