|Faction(s)||CrimeFactionHjaalmarch; JobLumberjackFaction; MorthalThonnirsHouseFaction; TownMorthalFaction|
Thonnir is a Nord lumberjack living in Morthal with his son, Virkmund. During the day he can be found working at Jorgen's mill, and at night in his house located not far from the Thaumaturgist's Hut. He will sell lumberHF to you if Hearthfire is installed.
Among the other recent odd occurrences in this small township is the disappearance of his wife, Laelette, although according to him it's simply a case of her abandoning her family to join the Stormcloaks. When the truth is eventually discovered, he forms a posse with other Morthal residents to take revenge, but is the only one who doesn't chicken out in the end. You have a choice to take him with you into Movarth's Lair, or to let him go back to Morthal. However you don't need to worry too much about him as he is more than capable of handling himself in battle.
Afterwards, Thonnir returns to his simple life, although he has yet to tell his son what really happened to his mother.
 Related Quests
- Laid to Rest: Investigate a tragic house fire, and discover an insidious plot against the town.
- Once you have accepted him to accompany you, he will not part your company until the quest Laid to Rest is complete, even if you choose the conversation option "I think it would be better you waited here." This could make him useful if you want or need an essential follower for other quests.
- If you attack him (or accidentally strike him in combat) he will not accept a yield, and will continue to target you. Though he is an essential NPC, this can make combat situations very precarious. If you do strike him, whether by accident or on purpose, the only way to prevent him from fighting you is to load a previous save.
- You may be able to sell firewood to Thonnir after completing the quest Laid to Rest.
- Thonnir may get stuck in the cave and will never leave after completing Laid to Rest.
|This Skyrim-related article is a stub. You can help by .|