- Speak with Modryn Oreyn at his home in Chorrol once again.
- Travel to the Blackwood Company Hall in Leyawiin.
- Kill the three Blackwood members in the main hall.
- Take the key to Jeetum-Ze's room from Ja'Fazir's body.
- Enter Jeetum-Ze's room and kill him. Get the key to Ri'Zakar's room from his body.
- Enter Ri'Zakar's room and kill him. Get the key to the Blackwood Company Basement from his body.
- Go down to the basement and kill two more Blackwood members there.
- Destroy the pumps for the tree.
- As you exit the basement, Maglir will approach and attack you. Deal with him, then leave the Blackwood Company Hall.
- Return to Modryn Oreyn's house in Chorrol. He tells you to speak with Vilena Donton and gives you the Helm of Oreyn Bearclaw.
- Vilena strips you of Champion rank, but then names you Master of the Fighters Guild and suggests you name Modryn Oreyn as your second-in-command.
- Return to Modryn Oreyn's house and speak with him to complete the Fighters Guild questline.
Readying the Final AssaultEdit
Once again, speak with Modryn Oreyn at his house in Chorrol. The Blackwood Company has spun entirely out of control and the last move must be made to stop their chaotic vigilantism. Modryn says you must go back to the Blackwood Company Hall in Leyawiin, find Ri'Zakar and the source and show them the true meaning of justice. You must be careful, however, for Blackwood now knows your position and given the last turn of events, there's no telling what sort of greeting they might have waiting.
Justice Is ServedEdit
Travel to Leyawiin and enter the Blackwood Company Hall. Immediately Ja'Fazir will approach you and call you a traitor after which all the Blackwood Company members in the room will begin attacking you (although one seems to stay on the second floor until you make your way up). Rana has a leveled staff and may possibly damage other Blackwood Company members with it if they are in her line of fire. Take them all out and loot what you will - all have great items and Geel carries a superb collection of enchanted arrows.
After the bloodshed has ceased, check Ja'Fazir's body for the key to Jeetum-Ze's room on the second floor. Jeetum-Ze should be in his room but might only spawn after you enter, then exit his room. Regardless, deal with him once you find him and search his body for the key to the Blackwood leader Ri'Zakar's room on the third floor.
Head on up to find Ri'Zakar seemingly in wait for you. Let him speak his short piece or cut him off quite literally in mid-sentence. Once you have broken the Blackwood chain of command, search Ri'Zakar's body to find the Blackwood Co. Basement Key. The basement door is on the first floor near the steps, so head on down there and make your way into the basement.
We Don't Need No Stinking WaterEdit
The room is a mechanized monster, with the Hist Tree in the middle connected to multiple pumping machines and run by a rotted screaming furnace. Two more Argonian members (Sings-Like-Thunder and Hears-Voices-In-The-Air) are down here tending to the beast, so finally end Blackwood's regime and leave them cold. Once they are out of the way, you must find a method to stop the infernal machine from pumping its bloodlust elixir, and put the poor tree out of its misery.
To stop the machine, pick up the two Loose Pipes that are lying on or near the table by the furnace. Once they are in your inventory, activate one and then the other Sap Pump on each side of the tree. This should destroy both of them and you will get a message saying the tree has been destroyed.
Exit the basement only to be surprised by your old friend Maglir, who is quite upset at you. He will rant about how you "ruined everything" and then attack. Once you have defeated him, make the long journey back to Chorrol and visit Modryn Oreyn again.
A Glorious ReturnEdit
Modryn is beyond pleased at your news and says he plans to retire and work on some hobbies. He gives you the Helm of Oreyn Bearclaw as a reward, which boasts a fortify Agility and Endurance of 10 points and can take a ridiculous beating before needing to be repaired. Modryn also suggests you speak with Vilena Donton about what has happened. Head over to the Fighters Guild and find Vilena, who isn't very happy to see you as she's still fuming over your involvement in Viranus's death. She is most displeased that you have taken it upon yourself in plotting with the expelled Modryn Oreyn against Blackwood, so she strips you of your Champion rank. However, words cannot express how happy she is at the fall of Blackwood and the courage you displayed in taking them on. Therefore she promotes you to Master of the Fighters Guild and suggests you name Modryn as your second-in-command. Head back to Modryn's house and ask him for his services. Although he has become nothing shy of a savant painter in this short time, he will happily agree like only Modryn knows how.
Master of the GuildEdit
At this point, the Fighters Guild quest line is officially finished. However, as the master of the guild, you get to determine the guild's overall priorities. Your choice will affect the reward that gets placed in the "Guildmaster's Chest" (on the top floor of the Chorrol guildhall) every month. At any point you can talk to Modryn to change the guild's current priorities. Your choice will remain in effect until you tell Modryn otherwise. The choices are:
- Focus on recruitment: Your monthly gold is one half of the standard amount. However, you have a better chance of receiving random loot (10% chance 3 items, 10% chance 2 items, 11% chance 1 item; 69% chance no items).
- Focus on getting contracts: Your monthly gold is double the standard amount, but you only have a 11% chance of receiving a single item of random loot (89% chance no items).
- Focus on both equally: Your monthly gold is the standard amount. You have a 21% chance of receiving a single item of random loot (79% chance no items).
The standard monthly gold is a randomly determined amount from 0 to 990 gold; it is not influenced by your character's level. The random loot is generated from a special leveled list. An item has equal chances of being any one of the following seven types of items: an enchanted bow; enchanted armor; an enchanted blade weapon; an enchanted blunt weapon; enchanted arrows; enchanted jewelry or potions. Within each category, the specific item is randomly determined using the same leveled lists used to place loot in dungeons or equip NPCs. See Generic Magic Weapons and Generic Magic Apparel for more details on what types of items are included.
- When you ask Modryn to be second-in-command, he says "I was just getting used to being retired. You can see how good my painting is getting." In the back of his house you can see an example of one of his paintings, depicting your interrogation of Ajum-Kajin.
- This is one of several quests in the game that require characters to steal, as picking up the Loose Pipes to destroy the Hist tree registers in your journal as stealing. Although there are no consequences other than the journal statistics, players who wish to have completely crime-free characters will have to accept two crime counts if they wish to complete the quest.
- This bug is fixed by the Unofficial Oblivion Patch.
- Occasionally Maglir will fail to appear at the end of the quest, but this has no effect on quest progression. He will later appear in front of the Blackwood Company headquarters, as a non-hostile NPC with only rumors to share.
- If you ask Ja'Fazir to yield after entering the Blackwood Company hall, he will accept. You will have to kill him or pickpocket him to obtain Jeetum-Ze's room key, resulting in a crime.
- This bug is fixed by the Unofficial Oblivion Patch.
- Not all Journal Entries may appear in your journal; which entries appear and which entries do not depends on the manner in which the quest is done.
- Stages are not always in order of progress. This is usually the case with quests that have multiple possible outcomes or quests where certain tasks may be done in random order.
- If an entry is marked as "Finishes Quest" it means the quest disappears from the Active Quest list, but you may still receive new entries for that quest.
- It is possible to use the console to advance through the quest by entering
setstage FGD09Hist stage, where
stageis the number of the stage you wish to complete. It is not possible to un-complete (i.e. go back) quest stages. See SetStage for more information.
|Prev: Infiltration||Up: Fighters Guild||Next: None|