|Location||College of Winterhold
Hall of Attainment
|Primary Skills||Alteration, Illusion, Conjuration, Sneak|
|Perks||Atromancy; Augmented Flames (rank 1); Mage Armor (rank 1); Magic Resistance (rank 1); Recovery (rank 1); Regeneration|
|Protected||Yes, once Under Saarthal has been started|
|Faction(s)||College of Winterhold (Student); CrimeFactionWinterhold; PotentialFollowerFaction; PotentialMarriageFaction|
Brelyna Maryon is a Dunmer student at the College of Winterhold who admits that she lacks confidence in her skills due to pressure to succeed from her family. When she accompanies the player outside the ruins of Saarthal, she appears nervous. Later dialogue indicates that she was disappointed at not finding anything. If you speak to her during the various quests for the College, she'll comment on your current task.
After joining the college, you can agree to allow her to test her spells on you. After completing this minor quest, she will serve as a follower, and you can marry her. She is also a potential Blades candidate.
If you steal from the College while she is a follower, she will tolerate it at first, but eventually attack you if you do so too many times. Her default clothing is an apprentice hood, apprentice robes of destruction, and boots. She also carries a staff of lightning bolts and a copy of the book Gods and Worship.
She sleeps in her room in the Hall of Attainment from 10pm to 6am, and will study there for the rest of the day.
Brelyna Maryon knows the following spells:
 Related Quests
- Brelyna's Practice: Help Brelyna Maryon by allowing her to practice her spells on you.
- First Lessons: Join the College of Winterhold.
- Under Saarthal: Uncover the mysteries beneath this ancient ruin.
- The Bonds of Matrimony: Find someone in Skyrim to marry.
- Brelyna shares a surname with the Maryon family, which once played a prominent role in Great House Telvanni of Morrowind.
- Unlike her fellow students, Onmund and J'zargo, Brelyna tends to cast summoning spells and shields in combat. Because of this, she may be a very useful follower for players seeking a follower who will provide defenses and distractions. She's most skilled in Illusion, Alteration, Sneak, Conjuration, Restoration, and Destruction, in that order. Although her Destruction skill is rather weak, she uses it often in combat, as well as bows, despite having a minimal Archery skill.
- If you decide to marry Brelyna, her dialogue is the same as if she was at the College of Winterhold no matter where she is, until after the Eye of Magnus quest. She will still open a store and will give you 100 gold per day.
- If she lives in one of the player's houses, her dialogue when you dismiss her will still be "You'll be alright on your own? Then I'll see you back at the college" after the Eye of Magnus quest.