|Items||Neck, Chest, Finger, Shield|
(Click on any item for details)
Alchemy description: Resist <mag>% of poison for <dur> seconds.
Enchanting description: Increases Poison Resistance by <mag>%.
Resist Poison increases the target's resistance to poisons. A target with 50% Resist Poison will effectively halve any poison damage it takes. Resist Poison is capped at 85%, i.e. you cannot gain poison immunity.[verification needed — see ] The resist poison effect must be applied before poison damage begins.
The following alchemy ingredients can be used to create a potion of Resist Poison:
- Beehive Husk (1st effect)
- Charred Skeever Hide
- Falmer Ear
- Garlic (1st effect)
- Grass Pod (1st effect)
- Mudcrab Chitin
- Slaughterfish Egg (1st effect)
- Thistle Branch
- Troll Fat (1st effect)
- Yellow Mountain FlowerDG (1st effect)
The following items use this effect. You can learn how to enchant custom items with Resist Poison if you find one of the following items and disenchant it:
Artifacts and unique items that use the effect but cannot be disenchanted include:
- Bosmer and Redguards are 50% resistant to poisons.
- Becoming a Vampire gives you 100% poison resistance.
- The Snakeblood perk confers a 50% resistance to poison.
- Unlike in previous games, Argonians are not immune to poison.
- The poison gas room in Calcelmo's Laboratory in Markarth ignores poison resistance; it is not possible to immunize yourself from the gas by wearing Hevnoraak's mask or being a vampire.
- Different sources of poison resistance (from race, perks, and enchantments) stack. If your total poison resistance is 100% or higher, then poisons do not have any effect on you. [verification needed — see ]