(Click on any item for details)
Alchemy description: Resist <mag>% of magic for <dur> seconds.
Enchanting description: Increases Magic Resistance by <mag>%.
Resist Magic gives the target <mag>% reduction in the damage inflicted by offensive spells. For example, if you have 50% Resist Magic with no other resistances and are hit by a spell dealing 30 points of magical damage, you only receive half the points of damage (15) instead of the full 30.
The following alchemy ingredients can be used to create a potion of Resist Magic:
- Bleeding Crown
- Chicken's Egg (1st effect)
- Crimson Nirnroot
- Felsaad Tern FeathersDB
- GleamblossomDG (1st effect)
- Hagraven Claw (1st effect)
- Hawk's EggHF (1st effect)
- Lavender (1st effect)
- Tundra Cotton (1st effect)
- Void Salts
- Wisp Wrappings
The following items use this effect, allowing the player to disenchant them and create custom enchanted items:
- All varieties of Necklaces, Rings, and Shields of Dwindling Magic, of Resist Magic, of Waning Magic, of Magic Abatement, of Magic Suppression, and of Nullification.
A second version of the effect is available from one item (see Notes below for details):
Artifacts and unique items that use the effect but cannot be disenchanted include:
- Resist Magic is capped at 85%, meaning you cannot gain magic immunity.
- Bretons have an inherent +25% resistance to magic.
- The Lord Stone gives +25% Resist Magic.
- The Agent of Mara power gives +15% Resist Magic.
- The Magic Resistance perk gives +10% for the first rank, plus an additional +10% Resist Magic per rank thereafter, for a maximum of +30% at rank 3.
- The Vampiric Blood RestedDG bonus gives +10% Resist Magic.
- Two versions of Resist Magic are actually available for enchanting. The statistics above are for the most common version of the effect. A second version is only available from one item: the Shield of Solitude. The shield can be disenchanted, making its effect available for custom enchantments. With an enchanting skill of 100 and 5/5 Enchanter perk, with no other modifiers, and using a Grand Soul gem, the Shield of Solitude version provides a 25% resistance to magic, versus the 20% of the standard enchantment. Using the Extra Effect perk and both versions on the same item, it can therefore be used to create a single item (shield, necklace, ring) of up to 45% Resist Magic, before any enchantment modifiers.
- Resist Magic stacks with Resist Fire, Resist Frost, and Resist Shock effects.