|This page is currently being rewritten as part of the Skyrim Quest Redesign Project.
The page is being rewritten and checked in several stages. All users are welcome to make changes to the page. If you make a change that is relevant to the project, please update this template accordingly, and make sure you have observed the project guidelines.
|This article could benefit from an image.
See Help:Images for information on how to upload images. Please remove this template from the page when finished.
 Radiant Options
This is a radiant quest which you can receive from either of the following people.
 Quick Walkthrough
- Befriend the Jarl of the Pale.
- Assist the people of the hold (3 actions required).
- Return to the Jarl for your reward.
 Detailed Walkthrough
This is an umbrella quest for several other quests that must be completed if you wish to become Thane of the Pale.
The Blade of the Pale is awarded along with the title. The Blade of the Pale, is a randomly-leveled and randomly-enchanted sword. There is a 50% chance that it will be a sword, and a 50% chance it will be a greatsword.
- It appears if you initially only have two responses when speaking to the Jarl, you must first complete the quest Waking Nightmare. Once completed, you should receive a bounty from the Jarl to kill a giant. Once you are finished with assisting three different people, you should receive the offer to become a Thane.
- The potential quest givers are identified based on membership in the Favor256QuestGiverFaction faction.
- It is possible to become Thane of the Pale and receive leveled Blade of Pale twice - from Skald and then from Brina. [verification needed — see talk page]
- You need 2 favor to get the option for the Kill a Giant bounty quest personally from the Jarl. Even if you do Waking Nightmare you might be 1 favor short of getting that quest from the Jarl. A good way to get 1 more req to fulfil the 2 favor req is to go to Windpeak Inn in Dawnstar west of the Jarl's longhouse and ask the innkeeper for work to do. Usually you will get a request from the Jarl's men to kill a giant.
 Quest Stages
|Thane of the Pale (Favor256)
||(Objective is assigned): Return to <Alias.ShortName=QuestGiver>
- The following empty quest stages were omitted from the table: 0, 10, 25, 200.