Skyrim:Thane of Haafingar
The UESPWiki – Your source for The Elder Scrolls since 1995
|This page is currently being rewritten as part of the Skyrim Quest Redesign Project.
The page is being rewritten and checked in several stages. All users are welcome to make changes to the page. If you make a change that is relevant to the project, please update this template accordingly, and make sure you have observed the project guidelines.
 Quest Giver
 Quick Walkthrough
- Befriend the Jarl of Haafingar.
- Assist the people of the hold (Complete any five favors for people in Haafingar).
- Purchase Proudspire Manor.
- Return to the Jarl for your reward.
 Detailed Walkthrough
This is an umbrella quest for several other quests that must be completed if you wish to become Thane of Haafingar.
- It was intended that Bryling could also give you this quest, suggesting that she was intended to be the Stormcloak Jarl of Haafingar.
- If the quest Tending the Flames is active, Elisif might not give the dialog option to start this quest until after the Tending the Flames quest is complete.
- If you complete all five favors before being given the quest to do so, the quest will not update correctly, leaving you with a journal entry "Assist the People of Haafingar 5/5".
- To fix this, complete a sixth favor, such as the Tending the Flames quest, which will give you the message "Completed: Assist the People of Haafingar 6/5", thus allowing you to continue on as intended.
- Use the console command
player.setobjectivecompleted favorjarlsmakefriends 30 1to update it and remove it from your journal.
- When you become Thane of Haafingar under Imperial rule, the guards do not recognize you as such. There is no thane option to forgive the player of petty crime. However Stormcloak guards in the same city do have this option.
- This bug is fixed by version 1.0 of the Unofficial Skyrim Patch.
- The quest may not track how many favors you have performed, making it impossible to complete the quest.
 Quest Stages
|Thane of Haafingar (Favor252)|
|Stage||Finishes Quest||Journal Entry|
Objective 10: Purchase a house in Solitude
Objective 15: Return to <Alias.ShortName=QuestGiver>
- The following empty quest stages were omitted from the table: 0, 15, 25, 200.
|This Skyrim-related article is a stub. You can help by .|