Skyrim:Palace of the Kings
|This article is being developed as part of the Skyrim Houses Redesign Project. If you see this tag it means the article can still be improved. Please see the project page for guidelines.|
|# of Zones||3|
|Respawn Time||10 days|
|Console Location Code(s)|
|# of Alchemy Labs||1|
|# of Arcane Enchanters||1|
|# of Cooking Pots/Spits||2|
Wuunferth the Unliving, the court wizard, can be found in the Palace of the Kings Upstairs entrance closest to the main Palace entrance. It should be noted that there are two separate upstairs sections of the palace that you can explore. Wuunferth's room contains an alchemy lab and an arcane enchanter, as well as several alchemical ingredients and some unexplained embalming tools. In addition, an unusual gem can also be found on the rightmost table upon entry to Wuunferth's chamber.
If you have completed the civil war questline, and sided with the Imperial Legion, you will find all the Jarls that supported the Stormcloaks, along with members of their courts, living in the main hall.
* Dead and removed from the game if the Empire seizes Windhelm.
** Only moves to the Palace if the Empire seizes Windhelm.
 Related Quests
- Battle for Windhelm: Conquer the Stormcloak capital and bring Ulfric to justice.
- Blood on the Ice: Windhelm is plagued by a shadowy killer.
- Joining the Stormcloaks: Prove yourself worthy of being a Stormcloak rebel.
- No Stone Unturned: Find the 24 gems to restore the Crown of Barenziah.
- Rare Gifts: Do a favor by finding a rare item. (radiant)
- A copy of the Heavy Armor skill book The Knights of the Nine can be found in the first room on the left upstairs, on the top shelf of a cupboard.
- Even if the Imperials take over the city during the events of the Civil War, the Stormcloak banners hanging throughout the palace will remain in place.
- It was one of the first human cities in Tamriel, and also the capital of the first empire.
 Commemorative Plaques of the Ancient Kings
These plaques can be found outside in Windhelm.
REIGNED 1E 143 - 221
13th in the line of Ysgramor and
founder of the great Kingdom of
Skyrim, where he established fair Windhelm as his capital."
REIGNED 1E 420 - 452
Subdued the foul dragon Numinex,
reunited Skyrim after the war of
Succession, and conquered the
REIGNED 1E 480 - 533
Ysmir, Shor's Tongue, Dragon of the
North and noble champion who
defeated the Direnni and cleaned
Skyrim of the Alessian heresy."
 Palace of the Kings Interior
 Zone 1: Palace of the Kings Upstairs
There are two separate zones known as the Palace of the Kings Upstairs, one holds Wuunfurth's lab, and the other holds Ulfric's room.
 Zone 2: Windhelm Barracks
The barracks are the off-duty and resting area for the guards of Windhelm, as well as the location of the jail cells. To access the barracks, you must first enter the Palace of the Kings, then take the first door the right.
The barracks are also informally known as "The Bloodworks".
|This Skyrim-related article is a stub. You can help by .|