Silver is a valuable metal that can be used to forge silver jewelry. It is also notable as the primary source of Markarth's wealth, due to the infamous Cidhna Mine, owned by the influential Silver-Blood clan. As a result, a popular saying is:
- Blood and silver are what flows through Markarth....
Large amounts of silver can be found in Markarth, both in the mine and in various homes and businesses in the city itself.
Two silver weapons are available in the game (Silver Swords and Silver Greatswords), which do extra damage to undead, including werewolves and vampires. You cannot forge these silver weapons; the only way to obtain them is by looting from Silver Hand members and lairs.
- 3 Silver Ores are obtained by mining Silver Ore Veins. Can be purchased at level >=3.
- 1 Silver Ingot is obtained by smelting 2 Silver Ores. Can only be purchased from Moth gro-Bagol.
 Mineral Sources
In addition to the following guaranteed sources, the best random locations are:
- Silver Ore may be sold by blacksmiths and general goods merchants starting at level 3.
- Silver Ingots may be sold by Moth gro-Bagol at all levels.
There are a total of 95 veins, 30 ores, and 119 ingots available in the game. Only notable locations are included in the following list, including places where large amount of the mineral may be found and places that are particularly easy to access. The Silver Veins category contains a more complete list of places containing single veins. All exterior ore veins are shown on . Note, however, that only 50 veins are shown on the map at one time; to see the rest of the veins, click on "Next" at the bottom of the list of results.
|This page or section is incomplete. You can help by adding to it.
There are silver ingots in the quest Compelling Tribute (Imperial); they should be added to the table below
For more information, see the help files, the style guide, and this article's .
 Silver Smithing
Note that although your in-game inventory shows the weight of a ring as 0.3, the true weight is 0.25. Therefore the two Silver Rings crafted out of one Silver Ingot have the exact same weight and value as the Silver Necklace that could instead be crafted.
|Name (ID)||Raw Materials||Delta||Ratio|
|Silver Ring (×2)
|Silver Garnet Ring
|Silver Amethyst Ring
|Silver Ruby Ring
|Silver Jeweled Necklace
|0.5||380||0||1||Flawless Garnet ×2||-0.7||30||0.42||1.09|
|Silver Sapphire Necklace
|Silver Emerald Necklace
- 1 Silver Ingot is needed for the quest The Only Cure.
- Ore veins of all types sometimes do not respawn normally. See Mining bugs.
- Silver weapons cannot be improved at grindstones.
- This bug is fixed by version 1.0 of the Unofficial Skyrim Patch.