Tel Vos is the home of the youngest of the Telvanni Mage Lords, Master Aryon. The tower is located in the north-central Grazelands, and Master Aryon is the only Councilman whose Tel is not on an island. Perhaps as a sign of his youth and openness to new ways, Master Aryon's tower is quite unique.
Tel Vos seems to have been founded as an Imperial fort, with the Telvanni taking ownership (forcibly, judging by the Imperial soldiers locked in the dungeon) and growing their iconic mushroom structures around it later. Aryon himself resides at the top, accessible only with levitation. As a living fungal form, the tower actually interpenetrates the stonework, and Aryon's experiment cannot be seen as a complete success.
While Tel Vos is worth a visit out of pure architectural interest, it also has a Dwemer museum, a small but excellent library, and a dungeon. Tel Vos is the primary regional center for the Grazelands, extending Telvanni influence beyond traditional reaches. The lack of services in Vos make what's available in Tel Vos all the more important. Services available in Tel Vos include an enchanter and trader in enchanted goods, an apothecary, and Milar Maryon who sells spells and potions. All can be found in the Services Tower.
Getting there & around
A dirt road leads east to Vos. Tel Mora is very close from there, to the east across the water. The Falvillo's Endeavor at the docks in Vos can take you to Sadrith Mora, Tel Aruhn and Tel Mora. The ship also makes a nice home in this area. A path south leads through the Grazelands to the Ashlander settlement of Zainab Camp. A path east leads to the foothill of the Ashlands and some Dwemer ruins. Rotheran has the closest Propylon Chamber, located to the north in the direction of Dagon Fel.
- Tel Vos makes a good starting point for hunting the free-roaming Daedra in the Grazelands.
- To reach the chambers of Master Aryon, you'll need some form of Levitate, though with a high Acrobatics skill it is possible to jump from the tops of some of the towers instead.
- In Tel Vos, check the Northeastern Tower. Look for a Hidden Door on the first landing from the bottom of the staircase. This will lead to a trapdoor which in turn leads to a small room with Azura's Servant (an enchanted Daedric Shield), a Steel Spear of Impaling Thrust and a Last Rites axe guarded by a Dremora.
- A trapped Hidden Door is also located in the Central Tower, at the bottom of the staircase that leads to the Imperial Museum. Behind the door you will find two crates; one contains a random steel weapon while the other holds a standard potion of night-eye, a quality potion of light, and an exclusive rising force potion. On top of one of these crates is a cloth sack containing 100 gold and situated on top of the other is a cruel flameblade. Situated next to the crates is a barrel containing an assortment of loot, including up to 30 random marksman weapons, up to one random enchanted item, up to six other random items, and up to five gold. Finally, beside the barrel is a locked and trapped chest containing one apprentice's lockpick and probe along with one journeyman's lockpick and probe.
- In the jail and its dungeon, you will find five pages of Beram's journal, in which he describes his crew of laborer's attempt to clear the jail cells of the roots made by the Telvanni mushroom tower, before he and his companions fall victim to a Daedra in the dungeon ruins.
Places of Interest around Tel Vos
- The town of Vos is just down the hill.
- The Dwemer ruins of Nchuleft are southwest, at the foothill of the mountains.
- The Ahemmusa Camp is north of Tel Vos.
- The Zainab Camp is south of here.
- 5. Southern Tower
- 6. Barracks and Armory
- 7. Jail