Skyrim:The Words of Power
|This page is currently being rewritten as part of the Skyrim Quest Redesign Project.
The page is being rewritten and checked in several stages. All users are welcome to make changes to the page. If you make a change that is relevant to the project, please update this template accordingly, and make sure you have observed the project guidelines.
 Radiant Options
Possible dungeons (possible values of Dungeon) are:
 Detailed Walkthrough
- You have learned so much already, Dragonborn. Growing your gift too quickly would be dangerous. But there are many Words of Power in Skyrim, carved in the Dragon tongue. Even from here, we can feel the Thu'um resonate from them. Finding these lost Words would be a sufficient test, to temper your abilities with experience. Ask when you are ready to search.
Thereafter, you can ask him whether the Greybeards have located any words of power. He has two possible replies:
- There is only silence right now. Perhaps later we will hear one of the lost Words.
- Or, We have felt the whisper of a Word. Give me your map, and I will show you where its echo can be found
The latter response will cause the location of the word wall will be marked on your map, and you will be given a new quest objective.
This quest can be repeated multiple times, and it can also be active simultaneously with the other Word Wall quest, Shout - learn about word wall. Both quests can even point you to the same location as the other. However, if you choose to kill Paarthurnax for the Blades, this quest is no longer available.
- If sent to Arcwind Point, finding the Word Wall may not mark the quest as completed in your journal. Arcwind Point may be given as a destination even when the Word Wall has already been found, preventing progress in the quest.
- This bug is fixed by version 1.1a of the Unofficial Dawnguard Patch.
- Using the command
SetStage FreeFormHighHrothgarA 20will end the quest and allow you to acquire another quest normally.
 Quest Stages
|The Words of Power (FreeformHighHrothgarA)|
|Stage||Finishes Quest||Journal Entry|
|10||(Objective is assigned): Find the Word of Power in <Alias=Dungeon>|